The new electronic I-9 Form is now live! Corporate Screening’s partner, Form I-9 Compliance, has announced that the new electronic form is now available for use.
As a reminder, you will continue to complete the new I-9 Form as you did before, but you may notice some differences. These include:
• Six pages of instructions
• New expiration and revision dates for this version of the I-9 Form
• Section 1 is now one page
• There are four new fields in Section 1:
–Email address (optional)
–Telephone number (optional)
–Foreign passport number (only for ‘Alien authorized to work’)
–Country of issuance (only for ‘Alien authorized to work’)
• Sections 2 and 3 are on a separate page of the I-9 Form
—There is an Employee name field at the top of Section 2
–The ‘first day of employment field’ is more prominently displayed in Section 2
• List A now has three full document sections (the I-9 will let you know when/if they are needed)
Please note: if the formatting of the new I-9 Form does not appear to be correct, you may need to clear the cache in your internet browser.