Compliance Services Overview
Employee background checks are highly regulated and the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Driver Privacy Protection Act, numerous state consumer reporting laws as well as regulations and standards from EEOC and American’s with Disabilities Act make maintaining a compliant background screening program difficult. Unfortunately, many employers do not give all of these regulations and guidelines the attention they deserve and open their organizations up to unnecessary risk and possible litigation. Corporate Screening believes maintaining a compliant screening program is important so we strive to keep you abreast of all legal requirements and standards by offering comprehensive compliance services that are affordable and easy to use.
Screening Program Assessment (SPA)
SPA was designed by CS and is unique to the background screening industry. The process helps CS in assessing current background screening programs and measures those programs against industry standards, best practice and legal compliance. SPA methodology contains step-by-step procedures intended to reveal program vulnerabilities that have direct business impact. It is only through identifying these vulnerabilities that organizations can implement solutions for program improvement. This process requires only a small investment in time and desire to participate. The benefits are as follows:
- Complete understanding of current state of background screening program
- Industry insight and knowledge
- Ability to design and implement an employment background screening program that will meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- Streamline applicant pipelines.
- Mitigate risk associated with a deficient background screening program.
- Maintain the strong reputation of your organization
- Ability to save time and effort with the facilitation and management of a background screening program.
- Ability to save overall spend on a background screening program